10 Reasons You Should be Doing Interval Training
Following are 10 reasons why you should consider doing intervals.
10. Burns More Calories . Intervals burn more calories during and after exercise. Studies show higher levels of calories may be burned for up to 36 hours after interval-based exercise.
9. Improves Daily Life. Unlike steady-state, interval training better prepares the heart and muscles for the daily life's random changes like lifting heavy objects and walking up stairs.
8. Improves Sports Performance. Interval training develops the energy systems and muscle fibers needed to produce power and speed for sports.
5. More Exciting. Plodding along at a steady pace for an hour gets really boring. Intervals allow you to focus on one interval at a time followed by a recovery period before the next one. You don’t have time to get bored.
3. Keeps you Youthful. Interval training stimulates production of human growth hormone, which helps maintain and build muscle and provides an anti-aging benefit.
2 . Stronger Heart. Intervals pose a big challenge causing your heart to grow stronger, which reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease.
1 . Great for Fat Loss. To burn the same amount of calories steady state exercise time and distance must be continually increased. With intervals the combination of types, duration and intensity is endless so your body never adapts to the workload - you will always be building muscle or burning fat.